Sunday, June 26, 2005

world's fool


scaryme
Originally uploaded by dampies.
i stood there by the precipice
my whole life lived by hit-and-miss
i couldn't see drop beneath my feet
at the heels of life had i been yapping
been sippin' at life and merely lapping
my life up to now was based on self-deceit

the more i thought the more i wondered
if moments fleet and lightly squandered
mean anything at all and if then, what
but more and more comes the sharp reminder
you gotta be cruel if you wanna be kinder
you give and you get to about the same degree...


where is freedom?
the promise you made was a lie
the games that you play take my freedom away
show me a man who is free...

but i'm putting my foot down now and it's final
i no longer care to subscribe to the rules!
if you think you can make me believe they protect me
you take me, my dear friend, for no less than a fool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home