Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's all over now

Back again, but different
Now I am stripped
of my pseudo-me
hauled out of the service
to others.
Asked to step down
I expected an agony
instead I felt joy
being out from that burden

Which burden was that?
You may ask
The one that the Lord put there?
The answer is "no"
It's the one that I took on me
To earn the life-right
to earn the right to live

So few fathers before
So many crowd me now
Trying to please them
Has sucked me quite dry
I know they didn't ask it
The rules are quite simple
Just listen to God
He speaks through US.

That's unfair I know
I know that I signed up
Hoping that it would make me someone
Hoping that pleasing the people would prove
I was nice
Well it didn't work, see
They hated me anyway
And saw right through me
Even though I tried hard

Well. I have learned my lesson
I will now be myself.
I will now try no longer
To satisfy...
In the meantime I long
just to sleep for a whole week
Or even two
To just forget about life for a while.
I take it in installments
Holding out a bit longer
Gets me 2 minutes of oblivion
Where I can escape into whatever
As long as its far.
And the anger still simmers
Now just near the surface
God help me top sort it
before it sorts me

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Brother, keep on following the master, im 19 and by this time i am decided to follow the master, to follow the Lord you follow, he loves us.
We will see soon in the Kingdom of our God, just hold on, be strong throught Jesus, all of this pain, and suffering soon will come to an end. We will see the face of our Jesus and we will sing there and have so much peace.

GOD BLESS YOU, GOD MAKES HIS FACE TO SHINE UPON YOU, AND YOUR FAMILY.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Duncan Bouwer said...

Thanks my friend, I know you are right. THis journey is long and discouraging sometimes but then somebody like you comes along and whispers the truth!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home