Friday, July 29, 2005

morning prayer

I

You presence within

I reach out/in

And awareness bleeds

Slowly at first

Into my mind

Me heart is next

Sniffing the wind

Where is my God

Where is he now?

Follow the trail

Of joy

Abba? Abba?

I’ve lost your scent

Where are you,

God my Father?

I wait

You have not yet

Left me unattended

Never once that I have called

Have I remained alone

Then I look down

I feel the rhythm

I see you there

Carrying me all along

II

Welcome!

Well met my God!

I leap within my heart

Your eyes are there

Sweet joy reflecting

You gaze into my heart

No shadow there

To mar our moment

Awake, I see your pleasure!

And I respond

Well met indeed!

You are my love

And lover still.

III

The old impediments

Guilt, fear and pain

Seem far away from me

Since I woke up

Since I tuned in

To how you think

Of me…

I thank you now

I thank you then

Both in the past

And coming

You make

You’ve made

Will make me

Me

Creation

Unadorned

Unashamed

Just me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home