Monday, October 30, 2006

The puzzle

How gracious He is
How infinitely kind!
Pity we beat ourselves up
with the clubs placed in our hands
By our parents and loved ones
Thinking it is His wish.

When I saw His compassion
for me as I am
I am able to love myself just a bit.
If only I could remember that feeling forever
How different just living
would be...

It is an unveiling
a dawning of feeling
so long shoved to one side
so long just ignored.
But out comes identity
And out comes compassion
And out comes the real me
I wouldn't accept.

Unfolding of sorrow
Unfolding of grace
Unfolding revealing
So much underneath

A new beginning
yet returning to old sites
deserted in error
before they were done

So I chew through the debris
And discover a beating
Heart of the present
Forgotten forgotten
forgetting forgot
A real transformation
Not a mask for the others
Who never requested
That I should change.

How tender His love is
How gracious His heart
Surprising His mercy
Today

2 Comments:

Blogger Peterson Toscano said...

"So I chew through the debris
And discover a beating
Heart of the present"

wow, yes, indeed. So amazing that through all the debris that beating Heart remains.

Thanks for this piece.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Duncan Bouwer said...

Thanks for reading. We shout into the dark and only think the Lord hears. Then somebody else knows, also. Bless you!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home